Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Piece of Cake.

Cheesecake that is.

Double-Chocolate Cheesecake to be exact.

Some of my high school friends that live in Montgomery have invited husband and I over to eat dinner. So, being the southern young lady that I am, I offered to bring dessert. I found this recipe in my Cooking Light magazine on a Philadelphia Cream Cheese ad...ironically, it is NOT "light"...which means it is SURE to be tasty!

Let's get started...

Crush 18 Oreos.


Pour 2 Tbsp melted butter.


Press Oreo/Butter mixture into 9" springform pan. Bake at 325 for 10 min.

Mix 4 blocks Cream Cheese, 1 C Sugar, 2 Tbsp Flour, & 1 tsp Vanilla.


Heat 8 oz. semi-sweet morsels in a "double boiler"...


Until melted.


Add melted morsels into cream cheese mixture.


Mix. Then add 4 eggs one at a time while mixing.


Pour over crust and bake.


Done baking. Into the fridge for 4 hours. It will fall....Don't remove the springform!!!

Meanwhile in the backyard....the cows are getting rained on.

Four hours later. Remove springform--ring and bottom.
Move to cake stand. Sprinkle powdered sugar.

Enjoy!
 
Complete Recipe:

Double Chocolate Cheesecake

18 Oreos, finely crushed
2 Tbsp butter or margarine, melted
4 8 oz. packages of PHILLY Cream Cheese, softened
1 C sugar
2 Tbsp flour
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz. semi-sweet chocolate morsels, melted, cooled slightly
4 eggs
1 Tbsp powdered sugar

Heat oven to 325. Mix Oreo crumbs and melted butter; press into bottom of 9" springform pan. Bake 10 min. Beat cream cheese, sugar, flour, and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add melted chocolate; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each egg until blended. Pour over crust. Bake 55 min. to 1 hour or until center is almost set. Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake; cool before removing rim. Refridgerate 4 hours. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.

On a side note, this post could be retitled: "Ways I continue to sabatoge my weightloss efforts."

2 comments:

  1. Or titled "Dessert I am Baking for My Sister"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'd lit-ra-ly die (channeling Rachel Zoe right now). That sounds heavenly! Let me know how it tastes, I might have to steal this recipe!

    ReplyDelete