Wednesday, January 19, 2011

some stuff.

1. Husband FINALLY got an assistant manager at work...SO. EXCITED.

2. Maybe he won't fall asleep on the couch at 7:00 every night and we can ACTUALLY hang out.

3. So, we have made a very "adult" decision not to take the Yellowstone trip this summer. A lot of things factored into this decision, some of which were:
     
      -It costs between $4k-$5k
      -I don't have a 'real' job...yet.
      -We want a house.....sooner rather than later.

4. It was not a fun decision, but I am proud of us.

5. We are still going to go somewhere...destination TBD. Suggestions--beach, cruise, etc.?

6. I have not been 'weight watching' very diligently these last few months. I recommitted myself this past Monday.

7. Meghan lost 6.5 lbs. last week.

8. She is clearly winning.

9. I will post my next weigh-in results on Monday. Stay tuned!

10. I am very ready for Spring--the colors, the weather, the clothes--all of it.

11. I am also very ready for the 'real' job I mentioned earlier. The job search has been pretty dismal lately and it is really hard not to feel extremely discouraged...hopefully things will get better soon!!!!

That is all for now! I have to get back to job searching now (aka sending unsolicited resumes to architecture/design firms).

Jealous?!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO proud of you both for making an adult decision not to go to Yellowstone.$5,000 is a LOT of money to spend on something that you don't have to do, and that you can do at a later time. My reccomendation for somewhere to go, whould have to be somewhere you can drive. Heck, go to the beach. You can drive, it is close, you could cook half of your meals, and you would save money on airfare. I know that the beach is no where new for you, so stay somewhere different...and if you want, I would be happy to visit you all for a few days. I could even chip in for a portion of the total. :) Or, maybe if I have a boyfriend by then, we could go on a couples trip! That would be fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I 100% agree with numero 10. Let's go shopping when the spring lines are out!! And can I just say, Megan, please post on your blog. I am waiting anxiously!!!

    ReplyDelete