Sunday, January 1, 2012

resolutions and all that...

One of the many (I was told I was not allowed to make anymore as of 9:00pm last night) resolutions I made for this new year is to (once again) count my weight watchers points AND track them...AND exercise.

I know you are all shocked, as not many people make resolutions to lose weight and eat healthier, but I'm ok being the only one.

So, I've decided to plan meals on Sundays...go to the store...and list them here for you to see.

AND...and with Weight Watchers points values!

I know, you're thinking it's your lucky day...well, it is.You are welcome.

I won't have things listed by days--just a few recipes that I'll be making during the week.

Without further adieu, here are the items I will be making this week.


A few notes on these...

(photo courtesy of http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/)

Cream Cheese Spaghetti: (8 points/serving; makes 10 servings)
-Makes 10 servings (you could easily half this or freeze half)...I made the whole thing. Oops!
-Each serving is 8 WW points plus....when you do the following: 
     -use 8 oz. whole grain spaghetti (I used Barilla)
     -1 C shredded Parmesan (that's the amount I used to calculate points)
     -use 93% lean ground beef

(photo courtesy of http://www.amateurgourmet.com/)

Oven Roasted Broccoli: (3 points/serving; makes 4 servings)
-I tweaked this recipe A LOT...
-I use a bag of broccoli florets (chop up the HUGE pieces)
-I use a MAX of 2 TBS of olive oil
-I toss it with coarsely chopped fresh garlic (you could probably use the jar stuff), salt, fresh ground pepper, and Italian seasoning (I'm not fancy enough for fresh squeezed lemon).
-Bake @ 425
-Check at around 20 min...it will burn!
-Sprinkle with grated parmesan
-One bag of broccoli florets serves about four adults--if this is the case, each serving is 3 WW points plus.

Next up is...


Crock-pot Potato Soup: (7 points/serving; serves 6)
-Ok, it didn't really say how many it serves, so I guessed...if you eat more, or less, adjust the points accordingly!
-The only thing I tweaked is that I'm going to use 1/3 less fat cream cheese.
-Also, I didn't count points for all the deliciousness that you will be adding on top--bacon, cheese, sour cream, and green onion...so don't forget to count those!

We will be eating leftovers a few nights and probably something really exciting like sandwiches the other nights...

Happy New Year!

2 comments:

  1. It is my lucky day! I hope you keep it up b/c I just can't find the time to calculate points and find good recipes. I'm hopeful, however, I make no resolutions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! Ok, I'm trying the spaghetti and the soup this week!

    ReplyDelete