Sunday, May 22, 2011

new era.

As many of you know, I was blessed with a position at Urban Grace Interiors this past week.

I really do mean blessed.


Brent (let's just call him by his real name) and I will begin our drawn-out move to Santa Rosa Beach, FL next week. I say 'drawn-out' because he will have to stick around Montgomery until he can get a transfer sorted out--he's bummed he can't come down with me immediately. I'm kind of bummed too--but really excited at the same time about this new opportunity. Please pray for a quick transfer.

Waiting for this job was pretty painful--interviewing, having high hopes, not getting the job...

Repeat.

Repeat.

Wondering 'when?'

You get the picture.

I knew at those times of rejection (that's certainly how it felt) that God had something for me--and every single time I wanted it to be that job I was currently interviewing for--whether it was something I really loved or not.

But it wasn't any of those.

He saw fit to bless me with this one--one that I believe I will truly enjoy.



Another interesting bit of information...

My unemployment checks come to an end this week.

Next week I will be on the payroll.

I'm SURE that is just a coincidence.

Actually, I'm SURE it's not.

There are no coincidences with God.

“Delight thyself also in the LORD: and he shall
give thee the desires of thine heart.
Rest in the LORD, and wait patiently for him.”
Psalm 37:4,7a(KJV)


~ Photographs courtesy of Urban Grace Interiors ~

5 comments:

  1. YAY! What a beautiful post. I am so excited for you and Brent and wish you nothing but happiness in Santa Rosa. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so happy for you. You will be an asset to their team and a blessing to those you meet! Can't wait to see what is in store for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Can't wait to see what you're doing through your blog! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, so I just had to comment again to say that the "code" I had to type in in order for my first comment to be posted was "blesses". I've never had an actual word to be the code. Usually some crazy assortment of letters. Thought that was pretty fitting for this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure that is just a coincidence, Robyn! Pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete