Wednesday, February 2, 2011

pizza and a cat nap.

Yesterday, Husband was home resting from shoulder surgery from the previous Friday. He got on a Food Network/Travel Channel kick. This lasted for several hours. During the "several hours", I went to the grocery store to purchase breakfast/lunch/dinner food. Upon my arrival home from the store, Husband announces that he is going to "make" us a "fancy" pizza for dinner...you know, maybe some goat cheese, some pesto, some fresh dough. Turns out they were making "fancy" pizza on one of the shows he was watching.

Did I purchase any "fancy" pizza ingredients on my recent trip to the store?

NO.

I told him I would love a "fancy" pizza, but I was NOT going back to the store (it was monsooning).

So, he said he would go.

I got ready for spin class and he got ready to go to store to purchase "fancy" pizza ingredients.

I went to sping class (used one of the gel seat covers--AMAZING).

This is what I got when I returned home:

Fancy Pizza


Proud Husband and his Fancy Pizza



IT WAS SOOOOO SO GOOD!!!

Husband's "Fancy" Pizza Recipe

Publix Fresh Pizza Dough (in the bakery)
Pesto
Goat Cheese
Mozzarella
Fresh Garlic (chopped)
Fresh Basil (chopped)
Carmelized Onions
Sliced Hard Salami

Follow directions for dough preparation. Add whatever amounts of the above ingredients you like. Enjoy.

It was really good, and he is allowed to make "fancy" pizza whenever he wants.

Now for the second half of the show.

I call it "cat nap interrupted."

Captured on film.

Enjoy.


It is too bright in here.

Now you've awoken me.


I will just go back to sleep.


No, I'm awake, now.

Nevermind. I'm really sleepy and it's too bright in here.



1 comment:

  1. I don't know what I like more - the fact that Brent made a "fancy" pizza, or the fact that Brent is wearing a T-Shirt with cut-off sleeves. AND...I told you the gel seats were life changing. Your welcome.

    ReplyDelete