Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Christmas Run Down.

I have all of the presents wrapped and under the tree.

Well, all of the ones that have arrived to date.

It only took about 30 minutes...either I am really good at wrapping presents or there weren't many to wrap.

Anyhow, it's DONE. No wrapping at midnight on Christmas Eve...

At least not presents that I am giving.

So, husband and I are going to Birmingham Christmas Eve and coming back to Montgomery Christmas night. We were really hoping he could have the 26th off (my birthday is the 27th, hint, hint), but that ain't happenin'.

Kinda had a hunch.

I don't know what your family does for the holidays, but here is a run down of how the "Defnall" Christmas will mostly likely occur this year:

1. We usually eat some delicious "finger foods" Christmas Eve, i.e. lime sherbet punch, swiss/ham/poppyseed sandwiches, chips and BARBERS french onion dip.

1a. We will not be in town until 9:00 pm, so hopefully all will not be eaten by then.

1b. My sister and her fam are going to the Christmas Eve service at church, so they (aka the children) will probably be worn out after that (code for: they are not coming to Mom & Dad's on Christmas Eve).

1c. With that said, we should probably just eat at McDonald's in Prattville because Mom will probably decide not to go to the trouble of making the afore mentioned "finger foods".

2. Nana and KK are spending the night at Mom and Dad's house Christmas Eve.

3. We will wake up at 8:00 am Christmas morning (because I am no longer able to sleep past then) and stare at each other have coffee and hot chocolate until Sister and her family get through seeing what all Santa brought to their house and they decide to make the long trek from Bluff Park to North Shelby County. By this time it it probably 10:00--please note that we have not opened a single gift, nor eaten ANYTHING.

4. It is mid morning--time for brunch! This usually consists of orange sweet rolls, Sister Schubert sausage rolls, cheese grits casserole, and breakfast casserole. I think we should also have Mimosas.

   -Now I am really hungry--in real life.

5. I will then eat too much because I am starving.

5a. I will text Meghan and tell her Merry Christmas and that I ate too much.

6. Time for gifts!!!! We like to open presents one person at a time--this takes approximately 2 hours.

7. Find a spot on the couch that is not covered in wrapping paper or tissue and take a nap.

8. Wake up.

9. We then have an "afternoon" meal--much like a second Thanksgiving meal. This year, I will be making pineapple casserole and Dreamy Apple Pie. I will post recipes later this week when I make them.

9a. I will send Meghan the same text I sent her earlier.

10. We will gather all of our gifts as best as we can and head home.

11. I will get on the scale the next day and will have lost gained 5 pounds.

That made me tired just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment